BROOKLYN, N.Y. (PIX11) – As subway riders prepare to pay more at the turn-style, drivers need to get ready to pay more at the toll-booth. Overnight fares on the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge will go up to a whopping 15-bucks per trip as part of the MTA’s latest round of fare hikes.

“I think it’s high enough, it shouldn’t go up any more.  People are yelling and screaming now about the inflation and everything, I think it should stay the way it is.”

Starting at 2 a.m. the Verrazano toll will go from $13 per trip to $15 per trip,  if you’re paying with cash. E-Z Pass users will pay $10.60 per trip, up a dollar from $9.60. For those paying full price that’s a 150-percent increase since 1993 when it used to cost $6 to cross the bridge. All that extra cash makes an inter-borough relationship a lot more expensive for Chris Hatzakos.

“It’s ridiculous. She lives in Staten Island and I have to go visit her and I’m going to have to be paying $15 everytime I pass, it’s crazy.”

VERRAZANO BRIDGE2Even people who live on Staten Island will be hit by the hike. The cost for native E-Z Pass users will rise 60 cents for the first two trips each month. Each trip after that will cost drivers $6 flat.

“And it’s not just the drivers that will feel the impact from this latest toll increase.  Businesses here in Bay Ridge say with people struggling to pay the toll, it could cost them their customer base.”

“Well it’s absurd for business.  People aren’t going to want to go back and forth over the bridge to Bay Ridge, which is right next to Staten Island.  They’re not going to want to spend the extra money just to go out to eat, so it’s definitely going to hurt.”

If tolls continue to increase at this rate, 10 years from now just getting to Staten Island will cost 28-bucks.  And if your just passing through to get to New Jersey…”fuggetaboudit.”

13 Comments to “Tolls going up on MTA Bridges Sunday 2 a.m.; Verrazano-Narrows Bridge to hit $15 per trip”

jrosa said:
    March 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Move somewhere else. I left the east coast 34 years ago.. High cost of living, overcrowding, traffic jams, inreased strress, quality of life. I live in Iowa.

Ricky said:
    March 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM

$15.00 is absolutely outragious!
    that bridge was supposed to be free! It should be free! I am a native staten islader and I hate staten island, I cant wait until retirement. I want to get the hell out of new york all together. The quality of life here SUCKS! taten Island has a half a million population because of that damn bridge! The bridge that I am talking about is the verrazano narrows bridge.

pdf softwares said:
      March 16, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Ridiculous story there. What happened after?
      Thanks!

http://besttablesawreviews.drupalgardens.com/ said:
    December 13, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Fastidious answers in return of this difficulty with genuine arguments
    and explaining the whgole thing reegarding that.

Keira said:
    January 5, 2014 at 8:00 PM

It’s nearly impossible to find well-informed people about this subject, however, you
    sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

kacamata murah said:
    January 11, 2014 at 1:28 AM

I am no longer certain where you are getting your info, however good topic.
    I must spend a while learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for wonderful information I was searching
    for this information for my mission.

recl.cjnu.ac.kr said:
    January 15, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Next, if you want to do more than just update your maps, you run the risk
    of deleting something that you weren’t supposed to.
    In the game, that name is hard to decipher and see if it is
    a capital I or a lowercase L. I live in Australia and have Foxtel, which is a
    service just like Direct TV that pumps out pay TV channels.

Wirtschaft Grundlagen said:
    January 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Hellο, I enjoy reading throսgh your article post.
    Ι wanted tߋ write a little commeոt to support
    you.

visit us said:
    March 3, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than
    just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and all.
    Nevertheless think about if you added some great graphics or videos to give
    your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this site could certainly
    be one of the very best in its niche. Terrific blog!

bubble struggle said:
    March 28, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?

you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is excellent, as well as the content!

Jesus said:
    April 6, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Make sure that the distance amongst the mouse and the transreceiver
    is not additional than 9 feet. Strengths can be speedy funds for a
    quick-phrase relief, straightforward on line application and so
    forth.

clash clash of clans arrow head said:
    April 12, 2014 at 4:25 AM

I immersed myself in that situation, so I could play the character more naturally, instead of forcing
    it on. These five strategy superstars are guaranteed to whet your appetite
    for empire building, territory expansion, and of course, crushing your opponents with your superior
    strategic skills. Among other things, the actress discussed how the chance of working with director Jean-Jacques
    Annaud convinced her to take on the role of
    Princess Leyla; how Banderas’ animated lifestyle made
    it interesting to developing a working relationship with
    him; and how the costumes, sets talking to other people who
    worked on the set helped her get into her character’s mindset.

Constance said:
    April 15, 2014 at 12:18 PM

This means that only certain ones are able to be encountered in this particular version.

Some contain puzzle games, Adventure games

as well as card games. mon trading cards, the Lee County sheriff’s office stated,

according to an article then in the “Naples Daily News.