School kicks out 6-year-old after she gets cut in classroom

A Staten Island first grader was tossed out of her private school after she suffered a gash to her head in the classroom—and mom pointed out her safety concerns.

It all happened at St. John Villa Academy last week.  What’s worse, with no school nurse on hand the front office personnel cleaned up the bleeding cut with a Clorox wipe.

Girl Gashed

Little Ksenya told PIX11 about the scary morning in class. “I was crying. I could not stop because it was so painful.”

Little Ksenya told us about the scary morning in class.  “I was crying.  I could not stop because it was so painful.”  The little girl described how she was walking to the trash can in her classroom, and when she bent down to toss away her papers, her head bumped into a sharp corner on a shelf and started bleeding.

mom Gash

Her mom Anastasia Strelyayeva demanded an accident report. The school complied and then trumped her with a dismissal letter days later, saying attendance is by “invitation” only, and that her little girl’s had been revoked.

Her mom Anastasia Strelyayeva demanded an accident report.  The school complied and then trumped her with a dismissal letter days later, saying attendance is by “invitation” only, and that her little girl’s had been revoked.  “They throw a six year old child in the street because she bump her head.   They broke my heart and they broke my daughter’s heart.”

We brought the allegations to the school.  And while the nuns initially told us they wouldn’t speak on camera about any specifics, they shared a blanket statement they had prepared.

“I deny the accusations that St. John Villa Academy is unsafe,” said the school’s president, Sister Anita Gramer.

Ksenya’s parents have now moved her to another Catholic elementary school on Staten Island, but are now forced to dole out 30% more– an extra 2,000 dollars–in tuition.  While St. John’s refunded half a year’s tuition, they have not returned the registration fees or her uniform costs, which are substantial.

129 Comments to “School kicks out 6-year-old after she gets cut in classroom”

crabman said:
    February 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM

something is missing from this story

February 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Hi! The story is missing, that I told them that if two more accidents happens I will go to the safe department of education, because I believe that wasn't not an accident that was negligible and when I pointed out to the principle, then I guess their decide to kick my daughter out. That is mean the school is not safe enough, if they worry about Safe department

Jim said:
        February 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM

If the school is so unsafe that you feel the need to report them, then why would you want your child there in the first place? They did you a favor. Besides, if safety was really the concern, then the proper authorities should have been called right away, not used a threat or ultimatum. They dismissed her from the school because based on your own words, you sound like one of those people that freaks out every time their kid gets a scratch on them and they didn't want to deal with it. Plus you might be sue happy.

Phxfire said:
        February 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM

She was saying IF it happens a couple more times the school is unsafe and if the school is worried about her reporting their actions they must be afraid their own school IS unsafe.

Lesley said:
        February 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I have two kids, bottom line – they get hurt. The only thing that sounds "unsafe" to me in this story is the Clorox Wipe. Really??? Corners are sharp and if struck in a certain way, can and do cause injury – it happens. Live and learn. The Nuns should really learn how to clean a wound however. Anastasia – I'm sure your daughter has been injured at home and other places before. You basically threatened the school with something that hadn't happend. Sorry, but it sounds like they decided your threats were't worth the tuition received.

February 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

No in the house thank to God my daughter never cut herself, because I spend around 100 dollars and cover all corners in my house my mom in her house change all furniture when my daughter was born. Is call safe environment

silady said:
        February 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Not only are you lying but you dont even know how to spell.And why two more accidents?Why wouldnt you take her out after one more accident if you werent lying?You are a disgrace!Your poor girl i feel bad for her…..

ZombieGirl said:
        February 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM

@ silady: Not only are you incredibly rude, but a hypocrite as well. You really should take a look at your own grammar problems rather than accuse someone whose native language obviously isn't English of not knowing how to spell.

The Big Man said:
      February 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM

You hit the nail right on the head….The mom is a nut thats whats missing…my kids go to this school…

SweetTooth said:
    February 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

A CLOROX wipe? Aren't nuns supposed to be good at nursing the wounded?
    I agree, this isn't the full picture.

February 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I though nuns suppose to teach morality and NURSE suppose to clean a wounds

Terry said:
    February 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Yeah something does not sound right, something tells me there's a heck lot more to the story, but foresay if there isnt is this a place you want send your child…but one question No school nurse uh..

February 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

We find out that only on Monday, during a conversation with Principle, who wipe my daughter face and hands and she admitted that she use Clorox wipes

David said:
        February 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM

You need to understand that many people will criticize you. Best approach is to ignore them. I'd even stay away from sites like this. For your information: Head wounds bleed a lot and can be painful. Every school should have a nurse or someone who has some first aid training, and first aid supplies should be required. However; Parochial schools often do things thier own way. My kids were sent to public schools. More children who graduate from Public School go on to college than those from private schools. As to private being better than public, I don't think so. Everything in private school costs you, music lessons, clothing, the many times your children will have to go out and sell (donuts? cookies? whatever). But to each their own. The children who go to public school may seem frightening but these are the same people who your child will grow up with, and eventually meet. Nobody lives in a cave. Take care. You want to be a good mother and I am proud of you for that. Just chill.

Mommyto1 said:
      February 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM

My daughter attends a catholic school in another state and they too have no nurses. Luckily I trust her teacher because my child frequently needs medicine during the school day, and her teacher has to dispense it.
      Sadly private schools can get away with a lot because they are not closely governed by the state like public schools.

Drumboy said:
      February 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Maybe, such as, someone pushing the little girl??

Daniel said:
    February 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Oh brother.

Julie said:
    February 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Here's a thought. . .go to public school and quit whining about tuition costs. Let the church teach things about church.

gina said:
      February 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Here is a thought…you educate yours children the way yo u see fit and let others do the same.

Mike said:
      February 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Public schools, in general, suck worse. Private schools are the way to a better education.

That said, this story is definitely incomplete.

elspeth said:
    February 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM

The child was injured while in the custody of the school. The school is liable. What do they do, they compound this physical injury with an emotional one. School will lose the litigation.

connie said:
      February 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM

accidents will happen this is not major, really sue them you are crazy

coriolana said:
        February 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM

It is their responsibility to keep children in their care safe and to provide proper medical attention to any and all injuries. They are wrong and liable in the eyes of the law. Maybe a lawsuit will bring these "educators" into the 21st century. Doubtful, but one can hope.

Bill said:
        February 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Yes, accidents will happen and this is not major. But, to throw a 6 year old out of the school rather than dealing with this situation is what's crazy. Not sure why you fail to see that.

JayHobeSound said:
    February 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM

"I deny…" — Of course you do, sister. Riiight.

Wonder if the catholic corporation will transfer the offending furniture to another school?

JDKinney said:
      February 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

No it will just be beaten with a wooden ruler.

Brian said:
    February 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM

What's this world coming to when our president, vice president, secretary of state and now the Nuns are total liars?

dpraidergirl said:
      February 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Did you forget to take your medication today?

elizabeth said:
      February 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Whats the world coming to when Bush LIED about WMDs leading to the death of 5000 or more soldiers? PS, you cannot name ONE SINGLE LIE of any of the three you mention.

SEDCMom said:
      February 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM

WTF?

Claire Bloom said:
      February 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Lying nuns are nothing new.

tag said:
      February 12, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Surely the only possibility you could at all be referring to is GW Bush, Cheney, and Rice. It's going to take decades to recover from what they did to America, and the world. But it's now time to move past that and look to a future where mothers can stand up for their children and not be retaliated against by further harming the child.

Erin said:
    February 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM

It sounds like this school is hiding something. Secondly, a Clorox wipe, really. What school doesn't have a school nurse or at least have a first aid kit.

Kristi said:
    February 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Any child that gets hurt at school no matter if at a public school or a private school should always be follow up with an incident report the day the child got hurt. The mother did nothing wrong by asking for one. If the school failed to do this that day….They were in the wrong and the mother had ever right to demand it. It is her child's safety she has to worry about. And in this day were safety at school is questionably no matter where anyone is….Again she had every right.

queenbee9 said:
      February 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Based on the schools reaction, I have the feeling that "mom" may not have been very nice or considerate when asking for her report and may have actually said things to alienate them–that being the case, someone needs to explain to mom (is she a new immigrant?) that in America 4 types of people it is very bad to get nasty with or threaten:

1. The people who care for your kids
      2.policemen
      3 People who care for your health
      4 people who prepare or bring you your food.

great words to live by…

coriolana said:
        February 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM

She doesn't have to be nice to be right.

liberty momma said:
        February 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM

And the private school doesn't have an obligation to keep her kid enrolled.

Guest said:
    February 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Kids get hurt as school. You threatened them. When you skyline yourself, what do you expect but to get knocked down.

February 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I don't threatened any body I just ask for accident reports

Ellen said:
    February 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Why does this child's mother want her daughter to spend even one more second in a place that she considers unsafe. Her complaint may result in this one area being fixed,but what about other areas? Did the mother plan on having an inspection done through out the entire school. I think this mom is complaining to the public because she has dollar signs in her eyes. The school that accepted the chid is very brave . I'm sure the mother will soon have new complaints. Why, she likes having her 15 minutes of fame and money she will receive after her legal actions

February 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM

My daughter like this school, because of her friends and teacher, mostly her friends, she was there for two years and even from experience from last year I don't want to bring her to this school, but she really want to go back because of her friends, and now is very emotionally painful for her. She talk with some of her friends on the phone but she misses them very much.

CL Jahn said:
      February 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

The parent has been entirely reasonably, and the school has behaved poorly. Any time there is an accident involving a student, an incident report should be generated, and a copy provided to the parents. They should not even need to ask. Asking for this basic courtesy afforded every other student at every other school can not be equated with "declaring the school unsafe."
      It's obvious to me that this school is not inherently unsafe, it's merely stuck with incompetent management.

god of all gods said:
      February 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM

you are on drugs ellen

Alina said:
      February 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM

You my friend are not very bright. I have known this mother and her daughter for years now. She does everything she can for her daughter. She has dollar signs in her eyes?! Her daughter got hurt in school and then thrown out for getting hurt. Send your children to this school and lets see what happens. I want to see how you will react when your child gets hurt and then gets kicked out of this piece of crap of a school.

michelle said:
    February 8, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Im sorry but I may be wrong… If that little scratch above her eye is what your talking about, please that's not something to call the Safety department on. Kids are kids they get bumps, bruises and sometimes a few cuts. My son got bit just last week at daycare and had far worse of a mark than that and I didn't go all crazy talking about how I just might sue them because they are not safe. And guess what, this week he went back to the SAME daycare that he got bit at.

February 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

But I guess your daycare at lease apologize to you and give you report in the same day.

Colorado Mom said:
      February 9, 2013 at 11:22 PM

And…..your daycare didn't KICK OUT YOUR CHILD, either. Huge difference between your experience and that of the family in the article.

Robin said:
      February 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM

you are so wrong about this mother. she was welling to send her child back to the school. It was the school who turned her away. If it was my child you bet I would be raisen hell. You don't have a first aide kit. I have one in my home, my car for safe reason. So your son got bit by another kid. No blood was shed.

Johnny said:
      February 14, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Michelle, you got the right idea about this whole thing. Rub some dirt on it. Here is what I will bet: Mom is a consistent complainer, and they school finally got enough. Let kids be kids. To you: Tell you kid to to bite 'em back, and it won't happen anymore. Children need to learn to defend themselves.

Mom1 said:
    February 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM

It is so unfortunate that this mother has lied the way she has. Really People? You actually BELIEVE that a nun or a teacher or anybody with the least bit of common sense would use a clorox wipe on anyone's face, especially a child? Please…use your brain people. As far a not having a nurse…it's the governments fault, not Villa's. The principal did everything in her power to try to get one. Villa is a family, and has shown nothing but love to this child and all the children. The mother obviously has issues. The mother is overbearing, belligerent and extremely rude. Disrespectful to the Nuns. She tells friends they use water and a paper towel and then tells the world they used CLOROX….PLEASE.

What happened to the so called concussion….and then could not supply anything but a dr.s note saying she was fine to attend school.
    I can't talk no more. I am so upset with people….
    Oh yeah there are tons of schools all over the island. No one has forced her to pick Notre Dame 30% more tuition. Don't feel bad. ….what does she think …. does she get bubble wrap with that 30% increase??? lol

queenbee9 said:
      February 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM

They might have used a Clorox wipe and what exactly do people think is wrong with that? Clorox is both an antiseptic and a disinfectant and it can be used to help purify water or decontaminate veggies and other things in a pinch. There is nothing wrong with using that if nothing else was around–it beats a dirty hand or used hanky.

February 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM

And is poison too.

John said:
      February 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I loved your reply Mom1!!! You can tell just by the article that the childs mother has issues of her own and is obviously looking for her 15 minutes of fame. It is so sad to know that little girl is being raised by a mother like that. No one in their right mind would use Clorox wipes to clean a childs cut. She obvioulsy is telling different stories to different people to try and make them feel sorry for her! And you are correct…………………she picked the new school with the higher tuition. That is her own problem!!!!!

February 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Thank you for your commons, but we have a letter from principle that she is used CLOROX wipes to clean my daughter face and hands

CommonSense said:
      February 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM

How is it the government's fault for the school not having a nurse?

Mom1 said:
        February 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM

School nurses are hired and sent through the state , gov't whatever, for both private and public schools. Because my daughters school has under 200 kids, our school is not eligible for a school nurse. Of course we all wish we had a nurse….however my daughter has been sent to the office a number of times. They treat her with care and call me always.

Jessica said:
        February 11, 2013 at 5:12 AM

The government is liable for safety in PUBLIC schools. This was a private school.

guest said:
        February 11, 2013 at 7:02 AM

That's a crock – my sister is a principal at a private school & THEY are the ones who hired the nurse, not the gov. The nuns are taking money & giving promises that aren't kept. Now I think the GOV. should step in to make sure these kids are being taken care of and not abused!

Alina said:
        February 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Mom1 if you think this is normal then you should be treated with the likes of Snooki of the Jersey Shore. I wonder did someone drop you on your head before you wrote that comment? Let's see your child get hurt and then wiped down with a clorox wipe and then kicked out of the school. That will be the day when I laugh and that will be the case in which I will say you deserve absolutely nothing. They are nuns! The foundations of your so called christianity is love and peace for all! Where was the love and peace when they kicked this little girl out of the school because she got hurt?! In what world do we live in today where it is at all okay to treat a child in such a way when the child did nothing wrong? Am I mistaken or did the school not kick out this little girl for this?! This school is a hoax and it should be closed down. If this is the treatment then I hate to imagine what these little kids are being taught there on a daily basis. This did not send the right example to other children, or if you want the "Christian example."

god of all gods said:
      February 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM

you catholics are all weird

VILLA DAD! said:
    February 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I HAVE CHILDREN IN THIS SCHOOL FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND HAVE HAD NOT ONE INCIDENT WITH ANY OF THEM. THIS STORY IS RIDICULOUS KIDS RUN INTO THINGS AND FALL IT HAPPENS,
    SOMETHING HOW THAT THE PIC POSTED LOOKED SO BAD AND A DAY LATER COMPLETELY HEALED WITH SOMEONE REMINDING HER IT WAS A CLOROX WIPE…….AND IF IT WAS CLOROX IT HEALS CUTS WONDERFULLY……CURE ALL

queenbee9 said:
      February 9, 2013 at 1:12 AM

You must be married to VILLA MOM! or else one person is typing both posts. You both "yell" in caps. Don't know where this school is or what a Villa anything is–but if that woman is looney, she is not the only one. Caps emphasize a word or idea–this reminds me of the SNL Loud family skits. LOL

Guest said:
      February 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Please, turn off the caps lock. No need to yell.

VMOM said:
        February 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Omg how funny! didnt even realize we were on caps lock – anyway – we are all feeling terrible for the child, she is an adorable little girl who is well liked at school! however, anyone who is not involved with Villa does not really know all of what went on. If they were asked to leave, believe me there was very good reason. Any trama that the child is suffering is horrible & sad but not the fault of the school.

CL Jahn said:
      February 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Nobody is saying that kids shouldn't get injured. Of course they get hurt. This is why schools have nurses on duty – at least, every school I went to, did. Asking for an incident report is entirely reasonable. If something happens later, such as an infection setting in, or some other complication, you now have information to provide the doctor so that he'll have an accurate record of how the injury was treated.

As a former EMT, I'll tell you that the use of Clorox to cleanse wounds falls far short of any sort of proper medical treatment. It's not intended for any sort of internal use, or use on an open wound. In fact, I'm pretty sure it even states that on the label of those wipes.

Girlie said:
    February 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM

If anyone has seen "MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING" with her luck Notre Dame will use WINDEX….

This story is ridiculous….she got a nick on her head….kids get hurt all the time….

SHAME on Channel 11 for even feeding into this the way they did……… Channel 2 wouldn't give this story the time of day

Jessica said:
      February 11, 2013 at 5:14 AM

How do you know it was a simple nick in the head?

cherylee77 said:
    February 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM

At this point I would be more concerned with the fact that they are not following protocol for a blood spill. They should of used a spill kit, as well as used a proper dressing for the wound. Did the nun wear gloves at least??? The child will get many bumps, contusions, scrapes, and bloody noses, but they really should follow the protocol on such things with so many children in there environment.

LOL said:
      February 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Kids get hurt! You don't need a blood spill kit for a scratch…and LOL I used a Clorox wipe for a cut I had this morning…they are ok to use, didn't even sting!

VMOM said:
    February 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM

SAD WHAT SOME PEOPLE WILL DO FOR A NEWS SEGMENT OR SOME $$!! I TRUST THE SISTERS OF ST JOHN VILLA WITH MY CHILDREN EVERYDAY! I CANT BELIEVE THIS SILLINESS! CHILDREN GET BUMPS & BRUISES EVERYWHERE!! THIS CHILD IS IN 1ST GRADE – NOT NURSERY SCHOOL! DOES SHE REALLY EXPECT BUMPERS & BUBBLE WRAP?? I REALLY THINK THAT THE FACTS THAT THE "GASH" WAS A TINY SCRAPE JUST 2 DAYS LATER & THAT THEY WERE "FORCED" TO A MORE EXPENSIVE SCHOOL WHEN THERE ARE AT LEAST 5 REALLY GREAT CATHOLIC SCHOOLS IN THE SAME AREA OF NDA THAT THEY COULD HAVE TRANSFERRED TO. REALLY SHOULD SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!! WHO IS SHE TRYING TO KID?? I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR THE CHILD! WHAT A SHAME!!

queenbee9 said:
      February 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Nice to know so many Villa parents defend their school, still, it seems sort of tacky if the child got hurt then all of a sudden she is kicked out of school due to a cut–a bit extreme don't you think? All of you are talking about how the mom could just go find another school and she did not have to pick a more expensive one–you all sound like aholes because not one of you is even considering the feelings of the child or the continuity of her friendships with the other kids–it is traumatic for a child to have to start school in the middle of the year and not know anyone–it must be doubly traumatic when you know you are having to start over from just getting hurt–how ignorant and self centered you ALL sound.

Mom1 said:
        February 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM

The child is adorable and wonderful. We totally feel sorry for her. It is terrible that she has to go through this. Her mother over reacting the way she did only hurt her daughter. I hope the mom realizes that she should think before she acts. Because her ways, just hurt that little girl more than nick on the head.

February 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Thank you, is what exactly we are feel, specially Ksenya, that is why until the end I try to working up with a principle and director. And for a last conversation with them, only one thing I was waiting for their apology, but instead they are kick my daughter out from school. I believe nuns suppose to be emotional, but I guess in that school is exception, no emotional no understanding

David said:
        February 12, 2013 at 2:48 AM

One more thing Anastasia, nuns never apologize to my own experience. Too many people here are conditioned to believe that Private schools are better. I went to Private. I know that all are the same. In fact children have less rights in Private than they do in Public Schools. Send your children to Public Schools, take the time to be involved to make them better, safer and save the money so you can afford to send your child to College. That's it for this posting. Hope you learn to relax. One thing you should know is that if you pick on a priest or a nun there are people who will look to crucify you!

Guest said:
      February 9, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Caps lock is not needed here. Please? It's overbearing and obnoxious.

tag said:
      February 12, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Wow!!
      Why are you screaming at us??

mike said:
    February 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM

It sounds like this mother is cuckoo for CoCo Puffs! This story does not add up. Sounds like a total fabrication.

Proud Villa Parent said:
    February 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I have 3 children in St. John Villa Academy and do not believe this story for a minute. CLOROX WIPES,,,is she kidding me ??? The teachers and staff of Villa are extremely capable and loving people who are dedicated to caring for our kids everyday. This woman has been complaining about everything under the sun since her daughter came to the school last year and the school finally had enough,,,I dont blame them at all for asking her to leave…I stand by St. John Villa. We are like a family and it gets me mad when one disgruntled parent is trying to defame a great learning and nurturing environment .

February 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM

If you from there ask Sister Lucita, how she clean usually. And for your future reference that is how they always clean, she said that to us. So I wish you a best luck and I hope never been in my place

Proud Villa Parent said:
        February 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I don't need to ask Sr. Lucita because I know they DO NOT use CLOROX wipes to clean childrens cuts. Maybe you are confusing how they clean the desks, furniture etc…They may have however used a BABY wipe, Big difference between the two. I will never be in your place because I dont complain about everything that goes on in the shool like you have. Good luck to you…you will need it…but I do wish your daughter peace and happiness in her new school. If you are really looking to do the right thing for her, you should learn from this, put it behind you and move forward for her sake…she is the one that will suffer from all of this nonsense.

Anastasia said:
        February 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM

You right she is only one who is suffer, when school kick her out, she is very depressed and she is missing her friends. But we didn't lie about Clorox. Clorox kill germs that what sr. Lucita told us

Alina said:
        February 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Another case of a completely oblivious and ignorant parent (aka Proud Villa Parent). Honestly I want your child to be treated in such a way and then for me to call you money grubbing. You people are clearly not that smart. Let me guess stay at home mom where everything gets brought to you on a silver platter. Unlike you this mom takes care of her child works and goes to school where she is studying in the sciences. Unlike you she has more intelligence and clearly more care for her daughter. Try arguing with me you good for nothing parent, I guarantee you I am ten times smarter than you are. Continue to be oblivious and stick your nose in issues you have no idea about. This will come and bite you in your ass when your child gets hurt and mistreated by this school. Christian peace my ass.

Jennifer said:
    February 8, 2013 at 9:53 PM

every time my son goes to school and runs into the poles there, the school immediately calls me, they explain what happened and they ask me to come right away and bring him home as he has a bump and they believe I should check it out in case it's serious, they keep him with the nurse laying down until I get there and then the staff explain it all to me, they noticed his normal skull formation that has a small natural bump and was worried about that too thinking it might have been caused by the running into the pole. Why is this school still left open? Schools have obligations moral and legal to inform and give proper first aid tot he children that is in attendance. Shameful. Those who are coming down on the mother obviously have no children and obviously on the way to loosing their soul.

queenbee9 said:
      February 9, 2013 at 1:06 AM

he runs into poles a lot, does he?

Mom1 said:
        February 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM

bubble wrap, maybe?? lol

Alina said:
        February 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Instead of laughing at this comment think about the statement "what comes around goes around." I never went to private or catholic school and think the whole system is stupid, but since it exists it at least should be handled properly. I am in honors college with a free ride for all of college and on a track to either medical school or dental school so I am in no way stupid in case your lovely comments want to touch upon my knowledge. This mother is twice the woman you will ever be because she took action to defend her child something you clearly are not doing by still allowing your child to attend this school. Nuns my ass people maybe more like spawns of satan treating a child like that.

VILLA MOM said:
    February 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Villa is a wonderful school filled with loving and caring nuns,teachers, and staff. It is obvious that this mother is not dealing with a full deck. To react in such a way just because her daughter bumped her head on a shelf, is absurd. GOOD RIDDANCE TO HER! Villa does not need parents like that in the school. I actually feel sorry for her daughter. Good Luck to the new school! Now they have to deal with this crazy parent!

guest said:
      March 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I totally agree with you…. Villa does not need rude and obnoxious parents or kids!!!!

John said:
    February 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM

The woman is nuts Villa is a loving and caring school and we know what kind of person that she really is She is a total liar and it bothers me that this station has given her any time of day without any truth to the story Shame on you channel 11 If you only knew the disgruntled person who she really is Well all I can say to her is you may have had 15 minutes of fame but what goes around comes around Such a grumpy person I feel bad for you and how your making your daughter grow up to be a liar and a swindler Shame on you

Marie said:
      February 10, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Obviously you work for this school. We can see through you, you know.

sunrose22 said:
      February 11, 2013 at 5:17 AM

I'm sure plenty of Catholics thought their child-molesting priests were "loving and caring" also.

asiaman said:
    February 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Another example of USA "sue them" mentality….

NYChick said:
    February 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Just another case of seeing dollar signs! What else is new?
    If you watch the video you can see the daughter actually look up at the mother for approval when she's telling her story about the Clorox wipes because it's made up!!
    Private schools are by invitation only and if a parent is going to try to make a case against them, then they did nothing wrong asking the child to leave.

carolyn said:
    February 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Why are they asking the child to leave? It can't be because of a bump on the head. She may be a Momzilla and other incidences could have happened. Maybe her sweet little girl isn't so sweet after all.

February 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Because I asked for accident report.

Mom3 said:
        February 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Are you kidding me…. Maybe because you overreacted, threatened the school, and became extremely disrespectful to the Sisters and staff. And supposedly it wasn't the first time.
        An incident report is nothing….What the hell are you going to do with it anyway?? Really? lol ..thats not a problem…my daughter had a worse accident and the report was the last thing on my mind. Your daughter bumped her head. Didn't they call you immediately….if it was something major other actions would have been taken.

Supposedly you were carrying on saying "her face, her face, her face" stop making her feel bad about a teeny teeny teeny tiny scar on her face…she is beautiful and will still be your princess, even with a a little cut on her forehead (if it's still even there). This is not the end of the world. What are you gonna do when she breaks a leg, or falls off a bike, trips and falls while running after her friends, i mean the list is endless.
        I'm sorry but You need to calm down.

Villa parent said:
        February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Thank you. She did exactly what you said. She is a irrational woman who the school probably wanted nothing to do with

LTfree said:
    February 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Most of the commentors on this article jump to the irrational conclusion that just because she reported a safety concern to the school officials, she intended to sue. I realize that we are a sue happy nation and are all jaded at this point, but nowhere in this article does she give any indication that was her intent. Now, she is being vilified for a money grabbing parent, when by all appearances, she just wanted that particular safety issue resolved.
    As for the above comment that says that the child looked up to her mother for approval as she was telling her story, another irrational leap to a conclusion. The mother was not even in the frame. It appears to me she was looking at the reporter. Wow, people. It's amazing how quick you are to judge and that you will even use "evidence" that doesn't even exist to support your judgements. This is surely an indication of the dumbing down of Americans. You don't even have reasonable, logical, thought processes in order to come to a conclusion.

Guest said:
    February 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I hope the little girl isn't damaged by all of this attention:-/

Amy Gomez said:
    February 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Poor girl and the school and the mother

The Big Man said:
      February 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Amy Gomez…
      Are you KIDDING….Wake Up…It was a nick it was nothing more…Or are you one of them Bleeding Hearted Liberals Who always looking for a quick easy buck from nothing..

Guest said:
    February 10, 2013 at 4:39 AM

When a parent enrolls a child in ANY private school it is stated openly before school starts that all registration fees are always non refundable. This school was very generous in refunding half their yearly tuition. A catholic school has only 3 semesters a year, & the second one ends this week. These parents even wants money for her well worn uniforms that have been used 5 days a week, for over 5 months! Ewww.
    The reason the family was asked to leave is the parent violated HER agreement with the school. Open gossip about the school's safety AFTER the issue was addressed is against the code of parental behavior they signed to enroll & should have read.
    The child had a minor ding that looks fine now. It is obvious the school provided a picture with the fresh wound, so it WAS treated properly. Public schools are required to clean up any remaining blood on hands & face afterwards with sanitation wipes too. For the safety of other students who could be exposed to it.
    This school is well rid of them. Unless their attitude improves they might not last long at the new school either.

Amie said:
      February 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I guess the adm can read and reject in 3 seconds. amazing

Sally said:
    February 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM

It seems to me that we are not getting the entire story here. Where is the investigative reporting on it? I have a feeling that this is not all that happened.

new york mom said:
    February 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM

that is sick what kind of person is stupid enough to clean a little girls cut with clorox wips

Patricia said:
    February 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Sue sue sue, the American way. When the truth comes out, the school will be victorious. I know a lot of people like that. It's all about the money, not the child. Makes me sick.

St. John Villa parent said:
    February 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM

My 3 children attend St. John Villa Academy. They are in safe hands with the faculty and staff as well as in a safe environment. This incident was a minor accident. Nothing more nothing less. The little girl threw away paper in the garbage and bumped her head when she bent down. (The waste basket is next to the bookshelf.) No different than in most of our own homes where a waste basket is next to a table, cabinet, book shelf etc…This is blown out of proportion. The mother is a complainer and full of drama. There is no negligence on the part of the school. Our children are safe and when such accidents occur, as many have already noted, our children are properly taken care of and parents are notified immediately. If you believe anything else you are greatly mistaken. It’s definitely unfortunate for the child. Incident report?…she was already told what happened. Very simple, her daughter bumped her head. No stitches required, little cut. Handled properly, cleaned and bandaged. Don’t believe everything you see on this circus act of a news story. Again this mother is a chronic complainer and exaggerator. I don’t blame the school. If the mother has no faith in the school’s capabilities, then she should go to another school where she feels her daughter will be safer…I believe that’s all the school did, made the decision for her since the mother will never be convinced her daughter is safe or in capable hands at Villa. Good luck to the other school who will have to deal with this difficult mother in the future. Good luck to the adorable little girl, and hopefully she doesn’t get her mother’s disposition as she grows older. The whole thing is unfortunate since the little girl is paying for her mother’s chronic actions that make dealing with this difficult person unbearable. It’s not the child, it’s not the school, it’s not even the incident…it’s this mother who blows things way out of proportion…and her daughter is now suffering from those consequences. The mother should think before she acts and speaks in the future and learn a lesson from this. Running to the newspaper and news did not win her any sympathy or favor. She was not successfull in her attempts to ruin St. John Villa’s reputation. As you can see the reverse occurred, where the parents unite and stand by our school and faculty. If this goes to court, trust me more of the same will happen and the truth will be revealed that this mother has no credibility. Goodbye good riddance to the mother, to the daughter we wish her well and will miss her.

Guest said:
    February 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM

There are almost no teaching nuns left in this country. Catholic school teachers are "laity" ie not nuns/monks/priests, and some aren't even Catholic. Also most Catholic schools do NOT have a school nurse, and in my area, public schools have to share a "school nurse" with multiple other public schools; she's not at any one school full-time. Kids get a bandaide from a teacher or secretary. BUDGET CUTS are everywhere, people. Catch up.

Jainator said:
      February 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I am a worker at the school, not only did they kick her out they did not feed her on her last day. This has to be stopped, t

Villa mom said:
        February 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Oh please

Anastasia said:
        February 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM

That is actually truth it was international day and I borough a pie to school but they not let her go down to cafeteria but they accept pie

coriolana said:
    February 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I guess liability concerns trump indoctrinating new minds for these "educators"'

James said:
    February 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I see the Nuns haven't changed a whole lot since I went to Catholic Schools. Never wrong, always right. I imagine they are still whapping the kids on the backs of their hands with a ruler too. I hope the mother sues the hell out of them and collects a ton of money–

NYSee said:
    February 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Is this lady even a legal immigrant? NYC has way too many of the russian variety of illegal immigrants who have been gaming the system for boatloads of money. Mexican illegal immigrants have been a godsend for the russian illegal immigrants as the attention has been steered away from them.

The Big Man said:
      February 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Right On Brother …Soooooo True…You are soooo right

James said:
    February 11, 2013 at 12:20 PM

The mother should be able to sue the school for poor medical attention and for kicking out a child. Every school for young children should have a medic center and that private school failed to have one

Lisa said:
    February 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I see posts from a few parents of children that attend this school. It seems that you know a lot about this situation and possibly a previous situation that involved this mother. If this is the case, either you are basing your knowledge on gossip or the school has breached confidentitality by speaking of incidents that have occured. You are obviously not friends with her. So, why should anyone outside of your school community believe what you say about this mother? In public schools, it is required that an incident report is given EACH time a student goes to the clinic, is injured or gets sick. I would expect nothing less if my child attended a private school to which I paid high tuition fees. There is nothing in the story about this mother sueing the school. It seems that she is simply upset about her child being injured, not being treated properly and then being kicked out of a school half way through the year after tuition is already paid. If you feel that bashing this mother is making you a better person because you are defending the school, you need to remember that you are bashing another person. Are you really a Christian? Because there are a lot of things in this story and posts that make be believe that many that have children in this school are not forgiving and loving as Christians should be. Good luck to this mother and child.

The Big Man said:
      February 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Patricia….It's the Russian / American way now….They can't do it over there so now they see the easy pickings here in America the home of the FREE….Yup come and get it it's all free for the taking…I have had LARGER Pimples on my BUT than the CUT this kid had…I'm from this school and we will not miss her or her ATTITUDE ONE BIT..Feel bad for the kid the mom is a nut. The school is a great school the Nuns ,Teachers and the Staff are all GREAT PEOPLE and I would not change one thing. !

The Big Man said:
      February 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Lisa get of your HIGH HORSE and SMELL the COFFEE.. The kid got a little cut nothing to write home about nothing to call The NEWS…The POST about…I have kids in the school nothing was hid from her its a great place great teachers great nuns and a great lurning environment You Know What I'ts NOW BETTER SHE IS GONE….She is a NUT a WACK JOB and we dont have to put up with her any more….We are a nice family there and like every family there is one NUT…Now Ours Is Gone….Good lLuck to her in her new school….I have a large rool of BUBBLE WRAP For Sale for her kid in the new school…GOOD LUCK >>>NDA…LOOK OUT YOUR NEXT..!

JOSE-0311-USMC said:
    February 11, 2013 at 8:47 PM

No 911 available ???

Jillmarie said:
    February 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Catholics suck.

GUEST said:
      March 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM

WELL U SUCK!!! IM CATHOLIC AND PROUD!

GadgetGirl said:
    February 11, 2013 at 11:41 PM

My child is a special needs child. Despite that, she is in a classroom environment with full on sharp corners and hard furniture. Having been a kid once myself, I do remember how easily foreheads bleed. So when, for every year of elementary school, she ended up with a mild concussion (not always her own doing) I don't feel a need to chastise the school for not wrapping her in bubble wrap. She's heading into high school, and I still don't wrap her in bubble wrap, or hold others accountable first.

February 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I think school is apologize to you, give you report and not trow your child out from school

GadgetGirl said:
    February 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Hey, at least it was a Clorox wipe, and not Mercurochrome! The threat of my mom getting out the bottle with the stinging red liquid was enough for me to keep most cuts to myself.

D smith said:
      February 15, 2013 at 12:35 AM

It was iodine that stung.

ILUV VILLA said:
    March 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I can not believe this mother…..she is turning her kid into a liar…..who in their right mind would use a clorox wipe? how does the child even know its clorox wipes… shes in 1st grade she probraly doesnt even know how to read !!!!! this mother is rude and obnoxious!!! I hope she is happy with letting her daughter grow up to be a liar

Guest said:
    March 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I used to know this litle girl…one day she tried to choke me and i told her multiple times to stop but she wouldn't … She even tried to choke another girl during a school play practice….. Its a good thing she left the school because u couldnt stand her!!!!

hbkfjaj said:
    March 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM

There is barely anything on her forehead!!! put a band-aid on and get over it!!!!!!!