It’s surveillance video that led to the arrest of a nanny, and has also caused outrage and disbelief.  The video that claims to depict nanny Mamura Nasirova physically abusing a five month-old baby in her care is so disturbing, a viewer’s first reaction may be to look away.

However, the feelings of outrage the nanny’s recorded actions evoke might be more likely to keep a viewer locked in.

In the video, the nanny tries to give the baby girl a bottle.  When the baby refuses to drink, the woman who’s supposed to be caring for the child instead slaps the infant multiple times in the face, causing the baby’s head to jerk with each hit.

The nanny then shakes the baby in her bounce chair on the floor.  Next, the nanny hits the baby in the legs when the girl continues to refuse to feed, followed by punches to the five month-old’s body when the girl still won’t eat.  Finally, she shakes the baby and pulls her up roughly.

The baby’s mother posted the video on http://russianparentsworld.com/article/nanny-blacklist , where she identified the nanny as Nasirova, and also gave a description.  “My 17 month-old son was very scared of her for no reason and I was home full time and didn’t see anything wrong until one day when I took my doughter (sic) to dance class…

“While there, [I] decided to watch the cameras from the ipad… When we showed her [the] video, she did not show any emotion at all and simply said ‘But I love her.’

“She is a monster, liar, animal.  I don’t think there is any words to describe her!!!  What kind a person would be hitting like that a 5 month old child!!!”

The family called the police, who arrested Mamura Nasirova, 52, at the family’s home on Woodlawn Avenue on Sunday evening.  Nasirova reportedly fought the cops when they put her in handcuffs.

NastyNanny

An abusive nanny was busted in the act after the family of the children she watched over, set up a hidden camera.

Wednesday afternoon, as the posted surveillance video started gaining wide attention, nobody answered at the family’s home, but a neighbor who knows both Nasirova and the baby’s family said there was a good reason why the mother had mistrusted her children’s caregiver.

“They got frightened one time she was hitting them,” Margaret Meekins  told PIX11 News.  “They got very frightened.  They looked at me.  …She hit them in the behind.  She didn’t hit them in the face, because if she did, she would’ve heard from me.”

In the surveillance video, the baby’s 17 month-old brother is on the sofa nearby watching the hitting, and does not appear to find it unfamiliar.  He was not harmed.

At Nasirova’s listed address in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, nobody was available, and it was not clear that she actually lives there.

For now, she’s staying in the Staten Island lockup, being held on $1000 cash bail on charges of endangering the welfare of a child and child endangerment.

65 Comments to “Video Shocker: Nanny recorded abusing infant is arrested after reported fight with cops”

Steve Kins said:
    February 6, 2013 at 11:29 PM

It's pathetic that we can't even post a video regarding child abuse without trying to sell me something first. How is that not exploitation? Clearly you put videos like this up because of the sympathetic and shocking nature not because it's "news" worthy but because you want to sell us something.

megawampum said:
      February 7, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Your comment makes no sense. The reason they have to try and sell something is so they can post and host content like this. The Internet isn't free.

Caileah said:
      June 25, 2013 at 6:35 AM

she never should hav did that to that baby that dumb

PolySci said:
    February 6, 2013 at 11:41 PM

This woman was wrong and evil but how about taking care of your own damn kids? Is that too much to ask these days?

Shannon said:
      February 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Umm, maybe the Mom worked?

Jemma said:
        February 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Um, maybe Mom should be a mom.

Callie said:
        February 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Maybe YOU should quit being a beotch?

donna mccarroll said:
        February 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM

The mother said she was "home full time"

Krista said:
        February 7, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Did you ever consider that she may work from home? Quick to jump to conclusions!

AJMJ said:
      February 7, 2013 at 12:13 AM

THANK YOU. I was thinking the same thing! The sitter should be put in a room alone with the baby's family…an eye for an eye.

ashley said:
      February 7, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Not everyone has the luxery of caring for their children and paying their bills at the same time. babys cost alot of money, even more when you have TWO, and most of the time a parent needs to work tot ake care of those children.
      what a hurtfull comment, completely disgusting and insensitive.

granny said:
        February 7, 2013 at 2:41 AM

NOT insensitive, ….READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE YOU POST YOUR IGNORANCE, FOR ALL TO SEE. The mother said she was home FULL TIME !

tracy said:
        February 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM

i read that, also. She works full time from home, I believe the article said. It doesn't matter, she's not the one caring for her children, someone else is.

tracy said:
        February 7, 2013 at 7:39 AM

how do you afford daycare then? and i realize that single moms many times do not have the luxary of staying at home, but alot of times a family could just cut back on expenses and budget wiser. we are a family of seven, living on my husband's income of 44,000 a year. it is tough, but we scrape by so that I can stay home and raise our children. it can be done if you really want it.

Gretchen459 said:
      February 7, 2013 at 3:24 AM

I was an in home daycare provider for 20 years. The parents would bring the kids at 6:30 am and not pick them up until 6:30 pm. I was responsible for all the love and attention these children received. At home they would feed the kids and put them to bed so they could enjoy some adult time or go to the gym. Thank God I loved them, because the parents were too busy meeting their own needs to be concerned about loving their own children.

SCW MOM said:
      February 7, 2013 at 7:35 AM

There could be any number of reasons why the parents hired a nanny. Maybe the mother has physical limitations, or works from the home and needs to be able to focus on her job…. There is no reason to judge the mother. The woman who abused the child is in the wrong. All the hatred should be focused on her. This is coming from a mother who stayed at home with her own children in order to take care of them, instead of putting them in daycare.

Sarah said:
    February 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Call me old-fashioned, but I grew up in a family where we still take care of our young, and elderly. They are not disposable to other people. If you have a child, you should care for it. If your mother is sick, you should take care of her. Period. I could maybe understand having one child that you didn't plan for, and being forced to get childcare, but to immediately have a second, and still continue to put them in someone else's care…that boggles my mind. If you don't have the money or heart to raise them, don't have them. Yes, this woman is in the wrong, obviously; however, it still doesn't make any sense to me why you would have a 2 year old and a 5 month old in someone elses care. Choose your career or your children. What is more important? I'm sure it isn't cheap to have a full time nanny…so would you really be missing out on that much if you actually raised them yourself?

Kelly said:
      February 7, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I agree with your values. People are not disposable and should be taken care of, yet I think your ultimatum to choose a career or children is a little harsh. Just my thought. I think women should be able to have both if they choose.

I also find it amusing that most of these comments have turned into a commentary on the wife's role within this family instead of the fact that this nanny was abusing an infant. Not trying to stir up conflict, just commenting.

lynn said:
        February 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM

You are right. I think in a utopia where husbands were great and had jobs with salaries and could work while mom stayed home, we would not see this type of abuse going on. However, this is reality and all moms can't do that with a working and contributing, loving husband in the home. I do feel that if the mom could be at home all day anyway she could care for her kids herself. Maybe she works at home and needed the extra help. Either way, that nanny would have a morbidly obese lump on her A$$ because I would STILL be stuck to her kicking what is left of her butt.

lynn said:
        February 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I just wanted to add that I didn't have the guts to watch the video because I knew I would get too emotional. She needs to be beaten with a wet leather belt for about 5 minutes.

Joann said:
      February 7, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Are you done? Because this is not about whether or not to place one's children in the care of a nanny, and–has nothing to do with the care of elderly parents. This is about a woman who has abused a child placed in her care, and–may very well have done the same thing to a child of her own. There are good nannies, and–there are bad ones. And, for that matter…the very same can be said about parents (whether they hire nannies or not). Is that a thougth lost on you?

Dee said:
      February 7, 2013 at 3:43 AM

In a world full of single parents. For whatever reason the children may end up with one parent or another. It is not always convenient to choose between either or. Some people have to worry about being sure their children are feed. So they don't have the luxury of staying home

danielle said:
      February 7, 2013 at 6:25 AM

your not old fashioned…your just ignorant…what does this ridiculously long paragraph have to do with anything?

SKW said:
      February 7, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Yes, you're old fashioned. And horribly ignorant. Guess what?? Times have changed. For most families, it is no longer possible to make ends meet on one income. Sure — I would have loved to stay home with my kids — which would have meant a crappy apartment in an unsafe neighborhood, a crappy unsafe vehicle, and no extra ANYTHING. So I work — and we live in a nice home in a good neighborhood, have a late model (safe) vehicle, and my children are in football & basketball & cross country, and get to participate in all the things they wouldn't, if we didn't have the money to do so. So yeah — it can be a sacrifice to have both parents working. But for us, it's worth it — and I know my kids feel the same.

tracy said:
      February 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM

exactly. and did you see their house? They could afford to cut back a little so mom can put her career on hold for the next few years.

kathi said:
        February 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

They could also have cut back a little so dad can put his career on hold for the next few years.

Laurie said:
    February 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I best this mother hired her without references or from a nanny service. If this nanny is not a citizen or is, she should be deported. We should not allow criminals from other countries to enter or stay in our country if they have previously or do commit a crime here.

Jemma said:
    February 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Caresabout kids

What does a nanny cost? So if you claim you *have* to work, are you working to keep your family from starving or to pay the nanny's wage? Can you trust a stranger no matter what the references say? Is the almightly dollar worth more than your kid's wellbeing?

STOP THIS said:
    February 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM

This trash needs to go out! Get rid of her now! She needs to have the livingcrap beaten out of her! I can not stand abusive people, especially when the victim is so young or an elderly person and can not defend themselves. Yeah, real brave!

railroadsam said:
      February 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM

You got it she needs to be pounded and sent back to Russia . If i was my kids i would not called the police i would taken care of it my self and see how she liked it.

Janice said:
    February 7, 2013 at 1:03 AM

if that would have been my kids they woud be looking for that womans reamins.

Jan said:
      February 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Janice,me and you both..down South we call that "planting a new orange tree".In other words,that fruit tree has some good fertilizer….and grows fast.It's a saying,OK.??!!

Brittany said:
    February 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I hope this "lady" gets eaten by hyenas. Slowly. Stupid Bi*ch

carol said:
    February 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Hope she gets deported!!!

Yvonne said:
    February 7, 2013 at 2:31 AM

damned bully, if someone loses it they should punch inanimate objects not defenseless babies, she should have felt honored to have such a good job-some people sure suck!

Mommy of 2 said:
    February 7, 2013 at 2:36 AM

I am so sickened…….so upsetting.

Erica Hill said:
    February 7, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Some of these comments up here are so stupid and hurtful.

railroadsam said:
      February 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I guess you dont have any kids

ICYNDICEY said:
    February 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I would never entrust my child to some third world denizen.

Gretchen459 said:
      February 7, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Never trust your child to anyone!

Bonnie said:
    February 7, 2013 at 3:00 AM

What I find strange is that mom had to put in a nanny cam in the first place. If she suspected anything, immediate action should have been taken and the nanny let go. Why even risk one more incident just to get proof? Why does she need proof? All she needs to say is this isn't working out for me and goodbye. Trying to get proof could have cost the life of her child. Geesh! You don't have to shake a baby hard to cause brain damage. I'm shocked the baby didn't have marks on her prior to this as I'm sure this wasn't the first time as the mother suspected something and I wonder what that something was? I wonder if the 2 year old showed in any way that she was afraid of the nanny? Even though a 2 year old isn't all that verbal, surely there would be some indication (nonverbal clues) that all wasn't well.

Gretchen459 said:
      February 7, 2013 at 3:19 AM

I agree with you 100%

Gretchen459 said:
    February 7, 2013 at 3:18 AM

This nanny should be in jail in RUSSIA! I was a childcare provider for 20 years, none of the children I cared for were ever afraid of me. Nannies like this give the caring nannies a bad name. Parents–please don't fully hand the care of your child to a stranger. You need to be the authority in your child's life.

railroadsam said:
      February 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

sent her back or 5 years in jail what ever she picks only 2 choices

michael said:
    February 7, 2013 at 3:37 AM

anyone who knows this woman tell her she has inflamed the infants guardian angel and hes waiting on her…..sure. what eternal truth….

adam smith said:
    February 7, 2013 at 3:57 AM

$1,000 cash bail? Really? If that was a man the bond would be $2,000,000.

stjohn24k said:
    February 7, 2013 at 4:31 AM

There is a special place in hell for people that abuse kids and old folks. Put her in jail, she will find out what abuse is.

Nancy Gail said:
    February 7, 2013 at 5:31 AM

I agree with Adam Smith. $1,000 bond? Are you kidding me? Amazing.

idreamofjeannie said:
    February 7, 2013 at 5:38 AM

This woman showed great restraint after witnessing this live, by the time I would have gotten home we both would be going to jail. Kudos for keeping your cool.

Guest said:
    February 7, 2013 at 6:01 AM

I did not watch the video. Pretty certain it would upset me for a long time. God, PLEASE reach down & change this world! We need you, NOW!

kate said:
    February 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM

$1,000 bail for child abuse and resisting arrest? It should be 100,000 minimum (10k bond) to keep her in jail and not allow her to run back to her country.

ibehappy said:
    February 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Only a $1,000 bond?! She should be charged with attempted murder, along with NO bond! How ignorant of the judge!

Lisa said:
    February 7, 2013 at 7:34 AM

If that was my child someone would have to be posting bail for me to get out of jail!!!

GUEST said:
    February 7, 2013 at 7:37 AM

If you can afford a NANNY and a NANNY CAM… How about using that money and not working or working from your home. Care for your own children.. I stayed home for 10 years to care for my children, and never regretted one minute, I gave up for myself so My children could eat and had a parent at home with them to raise them into decent adults!!!

jack said:
      February 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Unfortunately, sad to say there are lot of people out there that should not care for children. That is sick…to hit a helpless baby. I feel that some families have to have a care taker they have busy working
      lives and we don't know if they have family around to help out maybe grandma does'nt want to raise a
      another family member 24/7!

Guest2 said:
      February 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I've done the same thing. I've been working from home for less money then I would make outside the home just to be able to stay home with my own kids. It has truly been a blessing and you can tell my children were calmer and happy as babies than those who go to daycare early on. Just like we support mothers who decide to breastfeed since it is really healthier for your baby, so is you being there taking care of them inside your home instead of leaving them in care of a stranger.

nancy worthington said:
    February 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM

A $1000 cash bond ! Are you kidding me ! Women do have to work and no one knowa moms situation so do not critcize her; this so called nanny is nothing more than a criminal & should never be in contact with a child again. She is no better than a pedophile.

Guest said:
    February 7, 2013 at 7:44 AM

“They got frightened one time she was hitting them,” Margaret Meekins told PIX11 News. ”… the neighbor saw the nanny laying a hand on the kids and she did not report it to the parents? And if she did, she was not fired on the spot? Poor kids.

Guest said:
    February 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

This video just makes me want to cry and scream. I don't understand how anyone could hurt a baby!!! Why was her bail only set for $1,000 cash? People carry that in their wallets. She is a sick individual and if the mother of the children read these messages I hope she decides to stay home with her children. You have to protect your children, they are so precious. It is does take dedication to stay home with your children but they are babies for such a short time. When they are old enough to go to school then work out side the home. That five month old baby deserves so much love and has a right to feel loved and safe.

NELL said:
    February 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE SO TRUSTWORTHY WITH THEY BABIES AND THEN THEY GO GET THIS PEOPLE WHO THEY FIGURE FROM THE COUNTRIES THAT WILL TAKE BETTER CARE OF THEY CHILDREN AND THEY END UP HURTING OR KILLING THIS POOR BABIES ,THIS DAY AND AGE YOU CAN'T TRUST YOUR RELATIVES LET ALONG A STRANGER SOME OF THIS PARENTS NEED TO BE SCREEN TO SEE IF THEY ARE WORTHY TOO HAVE BABIES.YOU NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN WHEN IT COMES TOO YOUR KIDS NO MATTER WHO THE PERSON IS, NEXT TIME BUY AMERICAN STILL HAVE YOUR CAMERA ROLLING BUT YOU CAN HAVE THEM CHECK OUT.

Jan said:
    February 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Laurie,I agree with you 150%.Ship her mean self back to her home country,not getting a free ride in the US!!I thought I saw a website for russionnannys.com?I'll double check that and if so,yes,back to Russia.See how that nanny is treated there!!!And that poor baby.Heaven only knows what damamge may have been done to it's little brain from being shaken.

chopsuey said:
    March 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM

never.hire.a. RUSSIAN . to .watch.your .kids. period. That is a culture with no respect for the sacredness of human life.

Taylor said:
    March 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Mny punches in the face to this woman!!!!! I hope she rotts in jail for this!!!!!!!!

Dan K said:
    February 7, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Right. Where are the parents here? This poor kid suffered because of a nutso nanny and greedy parents.