3 Firefighters injured in Chinatown blaze made worse by hoarded debris

A two-alarm fire that started in a Chinatown apartment Sunday was made worse by five feet of clutter, according to the FDNY.

The blaze broke out on the 3rd floor of 75 Mott St. around 4:30 p.m., and spread to the rest of the floor.

Firefighters tossed plastic bags, garbage and debris from the window, creating a large pile on the sidewalk.

Piles

Firefighters tossed plastic bags, garbage and debris from the window, creating a large pile on the sidewalk.

“There was debris piled about 5 feet high,” said Deputy Fire Chief John Esposito.  “We need(ed) to remove everything that’s burning from the apartment, that’s still smoldering — get it out in the event that the fire lights up again.”

Three firefighters suffered minor injuries.

The Department of Buildings has three violations on file because the building’s boilers had not been inspected.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

3 Comments to “3 Firefighters injured in Chinatown blaze made worse by hoarded debris”

    ハンター レインブーツ メンズ said:
    December 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

    トリーバーチ 激安 ハンター レインブーツ メンズ http://chuanqisn.leeahuepajp.org/

    バーキン クロコ said:
    December 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

    メンズ 服 激安 バーキン クロコ http://qingbiany.hermesjpdoninner.org/

    ニューバランス 人気 レディース said:
    December 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

    財布 鞄 ニューバランス 人気 レディース http://tianxiacd.hermesjpdonimagination.org/

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement